Featured Post

Monday, October 2, 2023

Pinned Post with Table of Contents

Putting this here as I try to figure out how to make this site more navigable.  Posts in chronological order below with a brief summary.

  1. Tour of Just for Krypto's Mine:  Pics and videos from a tour of a facility that has 4,300+ Bitcoin miners.
  2. Lightning Network Discussions:  Discussions on the bus ride, to and from the mine, that really prompted me to learn more about Bitcoin and the Lightning Network.
  3. Making a Node with Raspberry Pi:  Contains one of the first videos I watched and some links to what I bought to create my own Lightning Network node on a made-at-home computer called Raspberry Pi.
  4. Learning More about Lightning Network:  I knew how to make the computer, but I was still learning more about the network itself, how it cheaply and quickly moves Bitcoin, how to profit from it, and so on.
  5. Lightning Network Channel Strategies:  I came to learn that channel management is a key part of node profitability.
  6. Hash Time-Lock Contracts (HTLCs):  Brief post with my then-current understanding of HTLCs.
  7. Making the Node, part 1 of 3:  Here, I use pics and text to describe putting together what will be the node's disk drive.
  8. Making the Node, part 2 of 3:  Here is the bulk of the Raspberry Pi's hardware set-up.
  9. Making the Node, part 3 of 3:  This is the operating system (OS) installation, firing up Umbrel, and starting the node synchronization.
  10. Need to Change My Drive:  I should be using a solid-state drive (SSD), and that is not what I bought.
  11. Update After 1 Week of Noderunning:  22 open channels and ~57,000,000 Sats in capacity.
  12. My Current Understanding of BTC/LN Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment